Friday, December 21, 2007

Matthew + Long Line = Meltdown

I took Matthew to the bank today because I had to cash two checks. The last time we went to NFCU he kept running away from me, so this time I put him in the stroller. Of course, it was crowded - it always is! We were only there about 5 minutes when he had his meltdown. There were at least 20 people in line ahead of us and I could see the line was not moving so we left. (I just couldn't take another public screaming session.) Going in, I had thought he would be ok because he had a paci, a cup of juice, and a small toy. I don't know what else I could have done to make him comfortable...at this point he just cannot tolerate waiting in line.

2 comments:

Casdok said...

It has taken my son years to tolerate waiting in lines. So hang in there!

Unknown said...

I hear you. Austin is the exact same way - even waiting at the doctor's office and other places. Sometimes snacks and toys work for us, sometimes not. I guess it all just depends on the day. Hopefully you can go next time without Matthew or maybe they will not be as busy! :)