Thursday, February 7, 2008

Super Giant!

I just went to the new Super Giant near our house and I am very impressed. They actually had one side of an entire aisle dedicated to organic, gluten-free, and casein-free foods. If you had asked me a year ago if I would ever get excited about finding GF foods in a grocery store, I would have looked at you like you were on drugs, but it actually put a smile on my face. I saw a few brands there that I have only seen at Whole Foods.

The GFCF diet is still tricky for us (especially when trying to eat out), but we have found some staples that we know are "legal" and stick to those. I also started reading a new book that has lots of info on diet (and its effect on autism) and includes easy recipes so that will be helpful.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE new supermarkets!!!

BTW, certain chain resturants have GFCF menus (I know Lonestar does) also Let's Dish has many dishes that can be customised to be GF, but not many CF.

Betsy said...

Argh! Blogger lost my comment. I was trying to tell you that when we eat out we stick to Austin Grill, Outback, Chipotle, or P.F. Changs. AG is one of our favorites and will miss it when we move this summer.

GFCF Mommy said...

I know the feeling about the grocery store. Last year they opened a new Publix Grocery in our neighborhood that had a greatly expanded organic and GF section. I was so excited about not having to make one trip to WF and one trip to the regular grocer, I made a point of telling the manager!

Enjoy the new convenience! Also glad to hear the great speech progress it sounds like Matthew is making!

Katherine